Is that a parachute?

0

July 11, 2009 by sandwichcontrol

I had just dropped the dogs off in Lippincottonia and was on my way back home when I looked up at the sky ahead of me and saw what appeared to be a person on a bicycle parachuting across state lines. Life is strange. Yesterday, Nicky the Cook called me to tell me about our 10 year high school reunion next weekend. Weird. He told me that they had a website. So, I looked it up. The ghosts of high school past, present, and future. I would have to say that 90% of the people I hung out with in high school, I still talk to. Not as often as I would like, sometimes, but I still communicate with them. The other 10% probably don’t want me to talk to them. Why would I pay $45 to see a bunch of people that I didn’t want to see then, let alone now? If other people wanted to pay it, right on. As for me and mine, not so much. $45, that’s 360 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups. I would, however, like to hang out with the old crew in all of it’s glory, if you can call it that, again. I am sure that the crew will hang out not at the reunion. Face it, there’s not much to do in this town. That is probably why I got so excited about my new office chair. My mother works at a bank and her bank was auctioning off a bunch of old office furniture as fundraiser for United Way. When I told her that I was in dire need of a new office chair to correct my terrible typing posture, she bid on a couple of chairs and won them. Woo! I got to pick two of them. So, I picked the brown, cloth secretary’s chair and the black leather teller’s chair. Check it out:

My teller's chair.

My teller's chair.

It is so nice. I’ve got to go sort out some credit card stuff with Pizza Hut now. The bastards charged Pancake Land’s card and would not give us the pizza. Pizza Hut get ready for a punch to the face. More Soon. ~SC


0 comments »

  1. Dave says:

    You should follow my example of dealing with high school reunions.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 37 other subscribers