The Busiest of Days.


July 30, 2015 by sandwichcontrol

For the most brutalest of dudes.

I’d like to wish a very Happy Birthday to Gaybis. Be sure to wish her one as well.

Yesterday was intense.

I started out by doing a brutal workout. I took a rest for breakfast and then headed back to the new and improved Underground Ink to transfer the remaining four type cabinets worth of type from the pallets to the cabinets.

So, in short, a second workout.

After I knocked that out, I headed out to Teacher Sis’s to help her work in her classroom. There was lots of cutting paper and gluing things to other things. Ah, the life of a teacher. The world is your bulletin board. And it is in dire need of decorating.

The school is doing a superhero theme this year, so I got to take apart really terrible old comics and glue them all over the school. Which was kind of awesome. Years ago I’d have gotten detention for that. Now, people asked me to do it. Funny how that works out.

I think it was the beard. Not having one really held back my potential in school.

And there was pizza and salad. Not the cool, rectangular, school pizza. Sadly. But Geno’s. So, a close second.

After we got done there, I came home for a second to take my shoes off. I had put shoes on in the morning for the moving of the type and had forgotten to take them off before heading to T.S.’s. So, shoes off. Sandals on.

I then headed to my studio.

I had intended to do a bit of organizing. I hesitate to use the word cleaning because I don’t want to give the idea that I clean my studio. Because I don’t. I organize it. I tidy up a bit. I don’t clean it. It’s filthy. Don’t ever drop a sandwich in there.

For one, your sandwich will now be covered it filth.

For another, my floor will now have sandwich on it. Which won’t be cleaned up. Ever.

Unless you do it. Which you should. Because it was your clumsiness that put sandwich on my fucking floor in the first place.


Anyway, I had intended to organize a bit. But I got sidetracked by printing this poster:

Dirty Words poster

I’ve got a little bit of slurring happening at the top and bottom. I’m working on that.

By the time I got done, and got the press all wiped down, it was 7 and change in the evening. And it dawned on me just how tired and hungry I was. I had been going nonstop since 5:30am.

I earned that giant bowl of cereal I had for dinner.

If you thought I was cooking anything after a day like that, you’re loony.

Plus, it was 80 degrees Fahrenheit in my house. Because it was a million degrees Fahrenheit outside.

So, heating up my kitchen was right out.

Today is Thorsday. The normal rules apply.

See ya’ tomorrow.

More soon. ~SC


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.



Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 36 other subscribers