January 1, 2017 by sandwichcontrol
It’s a new day. It’s a new life for me.
And I’m feeling good.
Happy New Year!
Today’s song is… whatever you want it to be.
Yesterday was a day spent working on making the last photo of 2016 as perfect as I possibly could. And I think I accomplished that mission…
I couldn’t have done it, any of it, the whole year long, without the help of my friends. You make all this possible and worth doing.
So, thank you.
That all being said, here’s the run down for this year’s photo project.
I wanted to continue pushing the project forward. I’ve build up some good momentum and want to keep that going. I also don’t want to work myself to the grave planning and executing photoshoots. I collected a fuckload of props and costumes over the course of 2016 and I need to get my money’s worth out of them. I also realized that this is a perfect opportunity for me to start working on a a few photo projects that I’ve been dragging my feet on for years now.
That all being said, I, with the help of a few others, have come up with 6 themes to shape the project around. Each theme is assigned to a side of a die, and every day I will roll the die and whatever theme comes up is the theme for that day’s photo.
The craft project that I’ve been working on has been the die. It’s been way more complicated than it needed to be. Of course. I couldn’t just assign each theme a number and roll a regular old D6. No. I had to come up with pictograms for each theme and carve and/or paint them onto a block.Taco Planet has done a ridiculous amount of work on this die and I am eternally grateful to him for it.
Here’s the die so far…
That’s what the wizard is handing Link in yesterday’s photo, by the way.
As to the themes. Yes. They are as follows:
- Henry – I will somehow incorporate my budget skull “Henry” into the photo.
- Outdoors – I have to take the photo outdoors, regardless of weather conditions.
- Animals – I have to include an animal in the photo. It can be living, dead, or an image of an animal.
- In Disguise – I have to get into character (wigs, glasses, costume, etc.) and take a photo of myself doing something that is in character for that persona.
- Portraits of Others – I have to take a photo of someone else and incorporate myself into it somehow. It’s time for me to be in YOUR photos for a change.
- Speech Bubble – I will include a speech bubble into the photo. I will either provide a caption or I’ll have you provide one as a contest.
That’s it. Those will be the framework for the photos Monday-Saturday. Sundays are up to me. I will resume taking Sundays off from making posts and most other activities and will photograph myself doing whatever I happen to be up to that day. I have various other little rules, but I won’t bore you with them now.
Since I’m supposed to be taking Sunday off, I’m gonna get on that.
See ya’ tomorrow.
More soon. ~SC
Category Normal Life | Tags: